Dragon Boat Events is committed to ensuring the highest possible standards of health and safety.
We believe that the safety of participants is of paramount importance so it is our top priority when planning an event, and we work closely with an external health and safety consultant who oversees our policies and practices. We are proud to say we have a 100% safety record.
Several steps are taken to ensure the safety of all people involved at our events which include:
- In house qualified health and safety person
- Venue risk assessment & safety plan
- Free site visit to new venues to complete risk assessments
- All events supervised by suitably experienced and qualified staff
- Pre-event safety briefing and training session for all teams
- Safety boat and qualified driver at every event
- EU-approved buoyancy aids (life jackets) for every crew member
- High-visibility safety wristbands for every crew member
- Qualified first aiders in attendance at every event
Minimum public liability insurance of £5 million with option to increase to £10 million if necessary.